Monday, May 16, 2005

My Heart Overfloweth

Alex was Mr. Smiley tonight. The bone that holds his breathing tube was taped far enough away from his mouth that I could observe his full facial responses to my talking and singing. Several times his face lit up with a big baby smile. How my heart overflows with joy when my babies smile at me!

Spencer stayed on the straight oxygen for about twelve hours, but then seemed to get a little tired. He was switched back to Vapo-Therm in the early afternoon. His first try was a good one; I'm sure he'll make a permanent switch before too long.

Being back at work today felt strangely foreign and familiar at once. It's good to be with my friends and to be doing something "normal," but it was strange not seeing my boys all day long. I couldn't wait to get to the hospital to kiss their little heads tonight.

No comments: