Saturday, July 30, 2005

Four Months Old

Wow! I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged! I think about it almost every day, but finding the time is so hard with both babies home now. Things are finally starting to calm down and life is beginning to have a steady rhythm to it. I'm actually finding the time to get some things done.

Alexander
We've had a flurry of doctors appointments. Both boys are doing well. Alexander weighs 6 lbs. 3 oz. and grew 1/2 inch in 2 weeks! Spencer didn't gain any weight in 2 weeks, but we started him on Zantac this week and he is eating much better. He seems a lot happier and more interested in feeding. I'm sure he's going to have a good weight gain the next time we see the pediatrician.


Alex had a second round of laser eye surgery on July 18th and was in the hospital overnight. I was disappointed that the first surgery didn't help his ROP and that we needed to return to the hospital so soon, but guess what? After his surgery he came right off the ventilator and the next day he came home without oxygen! Just another reminder that everything happens for a reason. At Alexander's follow-up appointment this week the surgeon said that the ROP is regressing. He is not as concerned about Alex now that he has reached full gestation and he doesn't need to see Alex for another two weeks. Spencer has ROP, too, but it is not as advanced as Alexander's was and it is already improving.

Spencer

The hot weather finally broke and Thursday evening after supper I took the boys for their first walk. Alex was crying before we left the house but calmed down and went to sleep while we were strolling. Alex is the big crier; I think he just wants to be held a lot to make up for all the time he couldn't be held when he was so sick. I've been wearing him in a ring sling and it really calms him down. I noticed this morning that when the boys are crying and I walk into the room and say something, they stop. They know me! I still can't believe I'm the mother to these two beautiful baby boys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look wonderful! Too cute! CONGRATULATIONS!!

JennX said...

So glad to see the new pictures! Beautiful boys! Glad to hear life is settling for you, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

They look fantastic! and cute in their little outfits. Hope you are doing well, too.