Saturday, June 25, 2005

Time Together

Last Friday, June 17th, Alex was moved to the intermediate nursery where Spencer is. By Sunday they were close enough together for me to get them both in my arms at once. After over 11 weeks of being separated the boys finally got to see each other. I sobbed when the nurse placed both my babies in my embrace. What a beautiful moment it was for me. Being together is the best thing for the babies.

Spencer was his usual sleepy self, but Alex was wide awake. The next day I held them both again and it was the reverse. Spencer just stared, so wide-eyed and focused, at his brother. I love watching them together.

Yesterday Spencer became my Sack O' Sugah. Yes, that's right: he now weighs five pounds! When I look at him it's hard to believe he was ever a 1 1/2 pound baby. Alex is now 4 pounds 10 ounces. They are both taking bottles for every other feeding, so that's four times in 24 hours. Spencer is back off oxygen and Alex is on the lowest setting possible. We're really in the home stretch here. Pretty soon I'll be able to cuddle them both any time I want to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome!!! good pictures too