Wednesday, June 08, 2005

An Early Morning

I went to bed just after 9:00 last night. I had planned on getting up at 5:00 AM so I could be at the hospital for Spencer's 6:00 feed. I woke up at 3:45 and was totally engorged. By the time I finished pumping and all it was 4:15. There was no point in going back to bed, so I got ready and went to the hospital to spend some time with Alex before Spencer's feeding. Alicia, Alex's nurse last night, was pushing for Vapo-Therm, and she said the doctors are right on the edge of switching him over. Spencer was a little more alert this morning when I put him to breast. After awhile he actually sucked and swallowed a few times. Then he pulled away, looked up at me, and gave me the biggest smile: "Ohhhhh, I see how this works now!" He didn't last much longer, but each time we do this he gets a little better at it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather... it really seems like your little guys are growing so much and every day they get closer to coming home. I just wanted you to know that I think about you and your boys every day. I say a little prayer and can't wait to read the words... "My boys are home".

Hang in there mommy, you're doing great!