Monday, June 13, 2005

The Latest News

Alexander's Vapo-Therm has been reduced to four liters. He is still on 25% oxygen and doing really well. Normally when the liters are lowered on Vapo-Therm the oxygen needs to be increased while the baby adjusts, but Alex is holding his own. Because his respiratory status is stable I am going to be able to give him his first bottle at 5:00 today. I'm so excited! Alexander's weight is now 4 lbs. 1 oz.

Spencer has being doing well with his bottle feedings. He is now up to once per shift, which is three bottle feedings each day (he started with two per day last week). His weight is now 4 lbs. 2 oz. He will be coming home as soon as he can take all of his feedings by mouth. It could be any day now!

I had my baby shower on Saturday. It was a beautiful shower...really perfect. I was impressed by the creative ideas my friends and family came up with. We had a lot of fun, the food was delicious, I was surrounded by people I love....and I got just about everything the boys and I need, plus some! Yesterday Mom and I took the Target and Babies R Us gift cards and got a few more things. We worked on getting the nursery organized and I washed all the new clothes and blankets. I feel ready for the boys to come home, so now I'm getting anxious. I can't wait to bring them home so I can shower them with love 24/7.

1 comment:

JennX said...

Heather, I'm so happy for you and your boys! I have shed many tears reading your story. Tears of joy and frustration. I pray for your family every night that they will be home soon with you... healthy and happy. I think about you every time I hear my boys cry in the middle of the night and I'm tired... it's just a little reminder of how things could have been so different. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It truly makes me a better mom.

Jenn R