Friday, June 17, 2005
I just got off the phone with Alex's nurse. They're not going to be able to do his surgery until June 29th. The surgeon just doesn't have the time. I'm so disappointed. He's practically ready to come home; now we're just going to be hanging out and waiting for this. I was hoping that since it's going to be awhile they would move him down to intermediate to be with his brother. He's on oxygen on the lowest setting, is bottle feeding, and is almost out of heat; he doesn't require any special support. His nurse said that they probably won't want to move Alex and then have to move him back after his surgery. I'm in tears about all this, but there's nothing I can do, so I just have to accept it and try to let go.