Sunday, May 27, 2007

Please Say It Isn't True

My best friend is moving. To Michigan. To be near her family. It's always been her intention, and I knew that, but now she actually has a job offer and it's really coming true.

I've only known Kathy for a little over three years. When I interviewed for my last job I wasn't sure I wanted it. When I went back for my second interview I met with Kathy and I thought "I really want to work here!" It was one of those instant friendships...kindred spirits. She is such an incredible person: intelligent, funny, kind, thoughtful, and a little crazy. We're so much alike. She's never been afraid to tell me how it is and she's almost always right (much to my chagrin). She is like a sister to me.

Kathy is Alex's godmother, and her husband, Kevin, is his godfather. They have two beautiful little girls whom I adore. I am so going to miss watching their girls and my boys play together. I'm going to miss spending the afternoon at their house. I'll miss Big Lots and Marshall's trips with Kathy. I'll miss Indian food and Jack's in the summertime with her. I'm sure we'll stay close, by phone and Internet, and the boys and I will visit, but it won't be the same. Kathy and Kevin have been here for me through everything I went through, the pregnancy, the boys' early birth, my father's death, my pneumonia this spring. They have been a tremendous source of support. I don't know how I'll replace them.

I'm happy for Kathy. I really am. I know she's going to be much happier being close to her family. There's nothing quite like being home. I love you, Kathy. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend.

No comments: