Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Made Me Laugh

Last night I was patting Alex's back as he drifted to sleep on my chest. Suddenly he burped so loud he made himself jump!

Alex is now 8 lbs. 8 oz. and Spencer is 7 lb. 1 oz. Alex loves brightly colored toys, rattles, and bells. Spencer enjoys staring at the faces of those who hold him, and smiles in response when spoken to. Both are lifting their heads and turning them from side to side when on their tummies, especially when tempted by the sound of a musical toy or rattle. Their therapists are impressed by their development.

I embarked on a new path in life this week: graduate school. My first class was last night. Leaving the boys for the first time was a little sad, but they were safe in Grandma's and Bhapu's care. It felt both strange and wonderful to be doing something other than being a mommy. I'm really excited about this new endeavor, and I know it will enrich the lives of my little family.

2 comments:

Carly said...

go Heather! we were just saying at the scrapbook workshop the other night that we hadn't heard from you (via this page)

good luck in school - I'm so glad you have your parents to help you.

JennX said...

Good to hear from you! And congrats on your return to school, so wonderful for you.