Saturday, March 12, 2005

It's A Boy! Times Two!!!

It's official. After an hour and a half level 2 ultrasound yesterday it was confirmed that I am carrying two healthy baby boys. All of their parts are in the right places: hearts, stomachs, bladders, and penises! I had already decided on Spencer for one of them, and Samuel has been the most popular of my other choices among my family, so it looks like they're going to be Sam and Spence.

Now that I know I'm having two baby boys, it feels so much more real that I'm going to be a mom. Run, Heather, run!!!! Wow, this is a scary prospect. I know I can be a great mom, but it's going to be such a huge change in my life. I won't be number one anymore. There are going to be two other people I'm going to have to take care of. I hope I won't be too self-centered to do it right. I want them to be healthy and happy, to feel loved and safe, to have what they need emotionally. I want them to grow up feeling safe and loving themselves. I hope I can give them what they need.

I love you so much already, my two little boys, and I can't wait to meet you and hold you in my arms.

No comments: