Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Uh Oh

Until recently I allowed Alex and Spencer to watch television very rarely, and usually no more than 30 minutes at a time. Recent studies suggest that television affects babies' and toddlers' brain development negatively. Lately, however, since they're almost two years old, I have been letting them watch about an hour a day, usually a Baby Einstein video or part of "Sesame Street" in the morning, and their "Goodnight Moon" video before bed. The boys got up from their nap a little while ago. Spencer just pointed at the television (which was off, as usual) and then sat down on the floor in front of it. He was very clear about what he wanted...now we're watching Baby Einstein's "Meet the Orchestra." Ugh! Don't you turn into a couch potato, Spencer!

1 comment:

JennX said...

Oh god bless you! I can't get t hru a day without watching Cars, Finding Nemo or some other movie. I honestly don't know how I would cook dinner without that dvd player!!

And for the record, my daughter was a tv junkie and scored 154 on an iq test last month (crazy hah?) and has been straight "A's" since kindergarten.

Luck? Or Little Mermaid? LOL!