Monday, January 03, 2005

Week 12

Today is the beginning of my twelfth week of pregnancy. I am feeling pretty good this morning, especially considering the fact that I only got 8 hours of sleep last night, as opposed to my usual 10. I hope the constant exhaustion is going to get better soon.

I have to go back to the OB's office for another blood pressure check later today. They are concerned that my blood pressure was high on Thursday. I am redoubling my efforts to eat healthfully: I'm watching my salt intake, cutting out soda completely, and trying to increase my intake of fruits and vegetables. I really don't want to go on blood pressure medication, but I will do it if necessary. I think exercise would help tremendously, and I'm going to ask the doctor today if I can at the very least walk on the treadmill or EFX. I'm also going to start meditating. I've experimented with it a little before, but I'm going to try to make it a habit now.

My niece and nephew are so cute about the babies. On Saturday Maddie filled two baby bottles with milk and brought them to me for my babies. Cole was checking me out with his mommy's stethoscope, listening to my back and front and telling me to breath deeply. I want my babies to grow up spending as much time as possible with their cousins. I'm so happy that they'll have each other.

No comments: